Today’s Topic – Understanding yourself is the most important tool when creating a fictional world
We always look for tools to achieve things in life. It is no different when we create fictional worlds. And many times we want the tools to be shortcuts or magic bullets to perfection. I have found the perfect tool for worldbuilding. It is you! Listen to this weeks episode as Michael and I talk about you, and what you need to understand about yourself for worldbuilding purposes.
Podcast Show Flow
- The most important tool on any worldbuilding project: Understanding yourself
- There is no right and wrong in worldbuilding, Think hot Jupiter
- The thing can seem fake to others and make perfect sense in the real world think of
- What is your personality, Check out this test
- Realize it describes you now, no
- What motivates you?
- What frightens you?
- What does your fear sound like?
- Why are you worldbuilding
- What context do you think influences your creativity?
- Understand what works for other people, might not work for you or vice versa.
The Worldbuilding Task for the Day
Explore and practice, but ultimately your word is the highest power in your fictional setting.
The Real World task for the day
Get a better understanding of yourself, have confidence in what you build.
Use Gardul.com/Amazon when shopping online to help support the show
Images and quotes
Please take a moment and comment below on this episode. I look forward to hearing from you about your Fantasy Worldbuilding adventures